In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Discord Scripting Archive

Post by Nighthand » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:15 pm

This thread will serve as a copied and pasted archive of Discord scripting, to be linked in the relevant posts.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Re: Discord Scripting Archive

Post by Nighthand » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Bane11/30/2018
Maoh blinked as Talal moved, acting as a shield in front of him. Whether or not he was still dazed by what blindsided him before, it was hard to say. He... thought it was an arrow? Or some other precision attack. The big magical nuke could've only come from Takua, surely, right? But he said nothing, still trying to figure out what, if anything had happened. Outside some numbers looking a bit funky, he didn't feel different, just stronger, but hardly in any capacity compared to what Melzas was showing off. Still, he was still alive and for that he was grateful, despite... well, the sour looks he was getting.
Lord Canti12/04/2018
(Canti's call-out against Maoh for being an utter moron was lost in the explosions, and then his eyes widened as Talal got between the others ane Maoh, who was surprisingly unharmed. The winged Twin Blade didn't want her right in the middle of it...but since nobody was attempting to shoot through her and Maoh wasn't being particularly evil, he didn't have to take drastic action. He did walk up to Talal, though.)

Canti: I understand why, but this might not have been the right time to test Sekai's marksmanship.

(She could've been all ready with another shot lined up and released by the time Talal passed between the two. Sekai wouldn't be able to stop it once it started, so it was lucky that she hadn't done at all. That would've put Canti in a bad position, most-likely arrow-shot. He now looked over to the Bogie, to Shadow, who HAD moved to defend Talal.)

Canti: Shadow, inspect Maoh. I wanna know if he smells like drugs, firearms, or Elite powers like Melzas.

(The demon dog would be able to do the last one, at least. He'd picked up on Mel's icy scent. Tracing its influence and strength on the cat would not be beyond his capabilities.)
Nighthand12/04/2018
Maoh will smell a little like firearms (due to the fire in proximity to his arms), and there's a pervasive, all-encompassing scent of Melzas due to the location we're in, but Maoh himself just smells like lightly roasted cat. There's maybe some undercurrent of power that wasn't there before, but if it's tainted by the transposed soul of Melzas or anything like that, it's too subtle to detect.
Talal12/04/2018
Frowns and sighs as Shadow steps in front of her and Canti approaches. “I am well aware of her marksmanship but the moment we turn on each other, we have already lost not just the fight but the war.”
Sekai12/04/2018
"He is not an ally and is no longer one of us-- if he ever was to start." Sekai's hold on the bow tightened and her aim unwavering.
"Move."
Bane12/04/2018
Maoh, took a couple steps back upon Shadow's approach, wary of both its size and also because something deep down was telling him that this wasn't a puppy that wanted to be pet. If anything, a good swipe to the face seemed more appropriate but the shock of whatever had just happened as far as power surge still had him slightly dazed. Upon hearing the exchange between Talal and Sekai however, Maoh chimed up. "Oh, yeah, shoot the guy that armed the Wavemaster and used items mid-battle to keep you going. 'Cause, y'know, doing that is totally what a not-ally would do instead of just making it harder!"
Sekai12/04/2018
"A good deed in the past does not erase your decision to accept a Faustian deal, you traitor." She snaps in response. He was taller than Talal and all she needed was an excuse.
Bane12/04/2018
The eyeroll could be heard in his voice. "You say traitor, I still have no clue as to what's going on outside you all having fancy powers outside what the game gives you. Why wouldn't I want some of that? Hell, if I became one of these Elites or whatever, and you need them all to agree on something, having one on your side seems like a pretty good deal with no downside."
Nighthand12/04/2018
Through all this, Raine is still working at Melzas's body and seems to be pointedly ignoring the drama unfolding behind her. Nighthand is watching it with a slight smirk.
Bane12/04/2018
As long as Maoh can, he'll use Shadow as a convenient wall. "But he's dead though, right? Melzas, obviously." Calling out to the room.
Sekai12/05/2018
"I say traitor because you know damn well by now the Elites are out for their own interests and will shaft you without hesitation-- and you put the rest of us at risk for thinking this is still some gods be damned game that has no consequences!"

She truly had grown, the little terrified Archer who shied at shadows and wept at night when she thought no one could see or hear her.

"This is no longer a game, Maoh, it stopped being a game the moment you stopped being capable of logging out. Your actions have consequences and you chose a Faustian deal without even a second of hesitation or consideration as to the price is, has been, and will be!"

A jerk of her head toward the body. "We don't know. He could be. He could have used that deal to cheat death by camping inside of you until an opportune moment."
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh shrugged. "The way I see it is simple. You die in the game, you die in real life. So, to not die, I need to bring myself up to meet what everyone else is packing. Otherwise I'm doing you a disservice by being the weakest link in the chain. Faustian deal or no; I'm the only one needing to pay the toll if there is one to pay; otherwise I find myself severely outnumbered, outclassed, and out of luck if things go awry." He shakes his head dismissively. "Now, power and survival I can get behind. I understand these things. End of the day I'm looking out for my life first; and anyone that claims to do anything but is lying."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(Maoh is probably unaware that Shadow would attack him if he smelled anything wrong about him, and he was no doubt equally unaware of the fact that the demon dog's level matched Canti's, so that he was no schlub in combat. Canti waited for the inspection to complete itself before really saying something. He understood Talal, he really did, but it could've been a fatal move if Maoh had literally taken the leap towards becoming their enemy. Because he was new, there was no way to gauge his motivations. The dark Twin Blade wasn't quite acting on this as Sekai was, the Archer now arguing with the cat over his life choices. Finally, as Shadow shrugged and indicated he hadn't found anything special, he turned to face the player.)

Canti: Maoh, you are a dumbass. You could have had your mind ripped to shreds with the so-called promise of power. Didn't we all have a nice little talk with the master manipulator, who has - without question - enslaved people? Why would you think the guy who CAN'T be convinced would offer something like power without a hitch? If you come out of this uncorrupted, it will be a miracle. As it stands, if you're not treacherous, you need a serious blow to the head to get some common sense back into it. Never. Believe. The Obviously Evil Guy.

(There was a pause as he looked to Shadow and the devil hound looked back with an eye-ridge arched.)

Canti: Okay, yes, I AM aware of the irony, but I'm not actually a bad guy. Never turned on anyone.
Sekai12/05/2018
"You chose to come with us; that means you became responsible for more lives than just your own." Her eyes narrowed in fury. "Things have gone awry, why else do you think you're quite literally failing at giving me a reason not to eliminate you myself?"
Bane12/05/2018
"Because the rules. You can't just eliminate me. So long as I'm in a party, I can't be perma-killed, right? Assuming what Takua said back in Xenobia's Tower was correct? If you're not the party, then I'm afraid you're shit outta luck on that front unless you can boot me from it yourself; even then that's only one obstacle in your way."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: Maoh, you know that if you're ghosted and nobody resurrects you, you're basically just a prisoner then, right?
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh shakes his head. "Already have that covered, too. Thanks to Xenobia."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(The Twin Blade just deadpanned at him now.)

Canti: You're not immortal. Stop acting like it. We just killed your benefactor, so now isn't the time to be giving us reasons why they've got your back. Nobody with any sense trusts Xenobia. Even she will tell you that. You think you've got things handled. I say you'll end up as Darth Felonius, and it'll suck.
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh deadpanned him back. "I'm not claiming to be immortal, but I am getting out of here alive, and that's all that matters to me. No idea who Darth Delonius is though. Besides, we killed Melzas, not Xenobia; as far as I'm concerned the creepy ice guy can stay dead and I can keep these rad powers."
Nighthand12/05/2018
At this point Nighthand speaks up. "And what powers are those, anyway? Looks like you got a bit stronger, but you certainly didn't turn into that weird cat-hulk." He seems fairly unconcerned with the schism in the ranks, but then, they DID just kill an elite. He always rode high on that for a while.
Bane12/05/2018
"Oh, uh..." Maoh fidgeted. "Cards on the table, I don't know. If you could see my stats now though. Yeesh. Something's going on."
Talal12/05/2018
Talal couldn’t take the bickering anymore. The petty back and forth. There were higher...moralistic things at work here. At least on her part. As she turns around to Maoh, he’ll see the irritation in her eyes. “I did NOT shield you so you could piss her off even MORE!” With the last word her hand would come around, fist clenched and completely right hook the small cat square across the face. Without even waiting to see what the punch did she turned back to Sekai and pointed at her sword in hand. “YOU... need to slow your roll. As I recall you had a black clad somebody handcuffed to your person not to long ago and now they are rolling around inside that head of yours and we’re all just supposed to accept that you have things under control. How do we know they aren’t controlling you now because I know it can happen?” She glared at the archer. This was all so petty and ridiculous. “Nighthand and Raine don’t seem worried about Maoh right now so neither should we. Cautious...yes. On our guard...yes. Killing him from the start is just a little too far over the top though.”
Nighthand12/05/2018
The punch, for the record, knocks Maoh out for bit. Probably, oh, 10-30 seconds or so.
Sekai12/05/2018
Sekai's hand still does not waiver and she matches Talal glare for glare. "That situation with Zorya-san was something outside my control that bound she and I together; and if you noticed, I have yet to even try summoning her other than long enough to see if those chains can be broken without killing her or I., or in interest of trying to work matters out without exposing her to the rest of the party. And unlike the traitor you shield, I would sooner leave the party to ensure its safety than to accept a bedamned offer for something as pathetic as power in a world where power is only as useful as your ability to intelligently and strategically use it-- neither of which he is proving capable of!"
Takua12/05/2018
Takua speaks up at that point, his hand firmly on his staff. "Are we overlooking the fact that he's trying to accept power from the people we're trying to kill? That seems like the last place to look for that kind of power, or for them to actually give it to him without any strings attached! So at that point he's stupid, desperate, traitorous, or a mix of the three. And frankly we're two for three at this point." He tosses his head over at Canti, "As he said, never believe the obviously evil- has definitely enslaved people- to say NOTHING of what their minions have done- bastard!" The short, choppy sentences get angrier and angrier as he goes on, and he takes a long moment to shiver when he's finished. When he speaks again his voice is calmer and his hand a bit lighter on his weapon. "Especially when, unlike what he thinks, he's probably not the only person to pay the price for his 'Faustian' bargain if the devil comes to get his due."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(When Talal suddenly turned and punched Maoh in the face, it was like watching the sun rise! It was beautiful! She encapsulated the wholeness of everything wrong with what Maoh was doing, that he was not so much as evil as...he was being an idiot. That was the piint that Canti was trying to get across, but he didn't want to cross the other Twin Blade to get there while she was defending the cat. But now, she had single-handedly done what was needed for this situation: She knocked his punk-ass OUT!)

Canti: Shadow, sit.

Shadow: Okay.

(Shadow sat on him. Perfect! Canti wasn't even commenting right now, because he didn't want in the middle of the current argument, and because Takua was frankly doing it for him. This might turn out to be a good day, after all!)
Talal12/05/2018
Talal looked back when Canti told Shadow to sit and he moved behind her and sat on an unconscious Maoh. Sekai and Takua both providing retorts on her statement and Talal shook her head slowly but kept her grip firm upon her blades, ready to counter if they chose to attack. “And I do get and understand all of that. I really do. But just as we as a team have allowed Sekai to work through her internal battles even though they have the potential to bite the entire party in the ass at the most inopportune moment because that’s usually when those kinds of things happen, we are not giving Maoh the same courtesy. He’s brand new to this and he was a low level to boot so he didn’t have time like we have to figure this all out. Of course he’s going to make mistakes and this I agree was one hell of a doosy, but why are you assuming worst case scenario from the get go? At least wait until Raine finishes her search and if there is cause for ‘oh crap kill him now’ concern then I will step aside.”
Sekai12/05/2018
"It is a matter of intent and consent; I did not intend to nor consent to having someone who was trying to kill me end up... how we became and have taken necessary precautions to keep you all safe. He knew this was our enemy and he chose to put his own thirst for power ahead of the rest of us and our safety. " Sekai bit out. "And it was not done without being run past those leading our party due to their experiences in said matters to assess the risk."

A bit of information she hadn't offered up due to, well, her own embarrassment in regards to the whole situation. But she'd been worried and had taken her own worries to those who would have a strong opinion and verdict as to what should be done, if anything.
Bane12/05/2018
The one thing Maoh wasn't expecting was to be blindsided with a punch so suddenly after Talal turned around. What was it with women and being violent, it seemed? Before he could finish going through the women in the room, let alone those involved back at where ever they set out from, he felt a surge of pain and blacked out. It wasn't until, some unknown amount of time had passed, that he came back to reality with a heavy weight pinning him down and still the riled up voices of the women going back and forth. "Ugh. Get off me, you dumb dog-thing." Given the difference in size, Maoh's pushing was either going to have little effect or none at all unless Shadow was willing to comply.
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(Canti looked over at the struggling cat with a smirk on his face.)

Canti: Have we learned our lesson about making deals with pure evil?
Bane12/05/2018
As Maoh strains against pushing Shadow off him, he quips back. "Evil is... A matter of... Perspective!" Still, he found himself thoroughly under dog butt.
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: But our foe adopts the classical perspective of evil, complete with foul corruption, mind control, AND backstabbing. There's no question of their position.
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh grumbled, giving up his position for the time being. "Well someone should've thought to fill the new guy in on all the nitty gritty details before letting him decide what seemed like a good deal and then get chewed out for it."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: Aren't you a cat because of one of them? I thought that would make it kind of obvious.
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh rolls his eyes. "You say that as if you haven't had friends mess with your phone background or Facebook profile picture when you left your thing unguarded. Why wouldn't that just be an escalation of that?"
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: I dunno what friends you've had, but that shit never happened to me.

(Even when he had friends.)
Bane12/05/2018
"Yeah, well. Harmless pranks." Maoh begins his struggling again. "Now get your dog off me!"
Sekai12/05/2018
Sekai gave an incredibly pointed look in Talal's direction as Maoh continued to dig himself into the proverbial grave. "We have filled you in; you didn't believe us or pay attention."

Careful, you're starting to sound like a more polite version of me. Kira commented within her mind.

I am not sure how to feel on this development of yours. December added, quite unhelpful at that.

I liked it better when you were strangling yourself with your bare hands. That was some points earned. Came the back handed compliment from Zorya, who hadn't quite figured out if she was pleased that the whole non-consent thing had been brought up or pissed that they called the idiot she was trying to kill-- the rest of them could come later, Sekai was the first target, damn it, and she wouldn't pay the others much mind until she managed to kill that one first.

Well, maybe not the white haired jackass with the gothic vibe and the sword. That motherfucker shared her element and that meant he was suspect.
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: I'm not letting you up until you admit that accepting a deal from the icy Skeletor who wanted to kill us was a terrible idea, and that you're not gonna do anything like that again because we thought you'd become a monster who'd try and kill us.
Bane12/05/2018
"No, you didn't, you and Takua gave me the vague overview while we were trapped in the tower and I had to rely on following you guys around to get the rest. I don't even know this bloody eye we were after is for outside being a problem in fighting Melzas." Maoh looked to Canti. "I don't think it was a terrible idea; but I'm obviously not going to be looking to be hunted by a lynch mob if it's going to mean I end up dead."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: There wouldn't be a lynch mob if you hadn't decided to say 'Yes' to a man with a skull for a face!
Bane12/05/2018
"I said yes to some big cat dude who was three times my size and could've snapped me in half!"
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(Canti facepalms.)

Canti: That was a puppet! Didn't you see how Melzas made mine talk? He couldn't snap you in half. Raine had him surrounded by mines.
Bane12/05/2018
"Uh, no, because I was facing off against what he threw at me." Maoh resumes his struggling with renewed fervour now.
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(Maoh could hear Shadow's claws clamp down on the floor. Not a chance in hell.)

Canti: It stood there, and you went 'Yup!'. There was no face-off. You just didn't think about it.
Bane12/05/2018
"Firstly, fuck you. Secondly? I can assess things fast enough when my life is on the line. Thirdly. Move your dog or I'm checking his prostate with some combination of Vak skills."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: Good luck. Shadow shares my stats. You weren't thinking clearly, just like you aren't now. You can't DO things like this. You'll put people in jeopardy, and then it'll be 'Total Party Wipes for 500, Alex'. I get that you don't like your form, but that isn't the way and you know it.
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh growled, claws digging into any part of Shadow he could find purchase in. He was annoyed, frustrated, angry, or some other combination of the two. He wanted out from under this dog and he wanted it now. "Maybe I know it, maybe I don't, but..." But what? He didn't really know; his vision was fading fast, heartbeat racing. "But-!" But there wasn't anything to come out afterwards as Shadow's ass hit the floor where Maoh once was. The cat was gone, if only for a second, quite literally popping back into existence some measure of feet behind Shadow, scrambling to pick himself back up.
Lord Canti12/05/2018
(Shadow's rear hit the floor with a soft thud and the canine looked back with confusion. Canti stared at this sudden occurrance.)

Canti: Okay...that was new.
Sekai12/05/2018
"Icy Arrow of Mist!" Blue and crackling with icy fury, the arrow soared toward Maoh. He'd chosen to leave the protection of the naive Twin Blade and her friend and his... big dog friend and act up still.

She knew someone else who had her back.
Takua12/05/2018
Takua took only a moment past when Maoh vanished and popped back into reality to confirm that it really had happened, and then made his decision. A magical glyph erupted across the floor under him as he spoke in a voice little warmer than liquid helium, “PhaRue Rom.”
Nighthand12/05/2018
-insert GMly post in a moment when i get a chance-
Nighthand12/05/2018
Sekai launches her arrow, Takua launches his spell, but neither strike. The spell seems to warp, to bubble, and then... collapses in on itself and vanishes with a pop. The arrow, meanwhile, is deflected to the ceiling, as Nighthand bats it with his sword.

"Alright, calm down, every last one of you." He never dismissed the Nightblade, and the whip on its pommel lashes the ground like the tail of an irritated animal. "You three," he waves his blade at Canti, Sekai, and Takua, "Need to put a hold on the team killing. And you," he turns to the cat, "Need to stop antagonizing people."

He takes a deep breath, then sighs. Look, we just killed an Elite, and one of the strongest ones left alive at that. Even if Maoh was corrupted AND given the full power of an Elite, we could take him down too. But, as is clear from this little debate, he hasn't." He gestured to Raine, now, who was still focused on the fallen Elite. "When one of our leaders tells you your ally hasn't been corrupted, maybe consider listening?"

"Let me put it this way. The next one of you to launch a skill is an enemy of the party, and I will summarily execute you. I will continue until you can all calm down. NOW. When Raine is done extracting what she needs from Melzas, we will all go back to town, and we will get Sheena and Raine to dig into Maoh's code and make sure there's no trojan horse lurking in whatever power he was given. We don't kill our own. Unless and until he is confirmed corrupted, he's still one of us."

He glances sidelong at the cat. "None of you had any idea what was going on with any of this when you first joined up either. Sure, Melzas is kind of unambiguously evil, but as Canti so readily pointed out, not all of us look like paragons of light and virtue ourselves. And hell, one of our enemies specializes in Light. Mistakes were made. Mistakes will be learned from, or else Maoh isn't long for this world, with or without our help."
Lord Canti12/05/2018
Canti: Why're you pointing at me? I just capitalized on Talal's frankly epic punch to give him a lecture on common sense. I didn't hurt him.
Takua12/05/2018
Takua takes a long moment after Nighthand has spoken before relaxing a touch and gives a nod in the Heavy Blades direction. Then he gives an icy look at Maoh. “Did it occur to you to apologize? Or recognize that it was hasty and just maybe a mistake? That would have gotten this over with much faster than the excuses.” After a moment he shakes his head and relaxes his staff fully, “I hope, for your own sake, that there was nothing.” This might be a mistake, but Those Above had given their order...which also meant that they’d be responsible if it came to roost.
Bane12/05/2018
Maoh returns the look with an air of disdain of his own. "Did it occur to you that I didn't feel it necessary when I had already been shot and spell-nuked?"
Sekai12/05/2018
Quit eyeing the stupid sword like it's gonna reach out and bite you. Zorya snapped.

Or flip your skirt. Kira added.

"Did it occur to you that it was the natural reaction to seeing someone supposedly part of your party accept the enemy's offer?" She countered. She kept an eye on Maoh, but the eyes kept flicking to Nighthand; specifically the lashing tail of his blade.

Gritted her teeth and begrudgingly dropped the bow. For now. She nodded to the leader of their group; he could handle it for now. Unless he attacked first, anyway.

I can help make that happen. Kira and Zorya immediately offered.

Sekaai pinched the bridge of her nose and counted to ten. Twice.
Nighthand12/05/2018
"Maoh! That's exactly what I'm talking about. At least acknowledge that five people with more experience than you think you made a dangerous choice." Internally, Nighthand wasn't entirely sure it was a BAD choice, the way things had worked out. Maoh had gained some power; enough HP to survive things that would have killed him before, and the fortuitous shot from Sekai forestalled any tail-end code that would have corrupted him. At least, that was his theory, from Raine's inspection and seeming lack of concern. He had to admit, her silence was half comforting and half concerning. None of them had needed quite so much concentration to harvest a Twilight Item before.